Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Journey To The Christmas Card Photo - 2009

As I got ready to capture a cute image of Evie and Gavin for this year's Christmas card, I had high hopes of getting a picture of them together. After all, it worked last year. Alas, what a difference 13 months makes!

Gavin loves to sit by Evie, hug her, or put his arm on her shoulders. Evie will only sit nicely near Gavin if she feels like it. Here are a few of my attempts at a picture with the two of them:



Distracted by the engine on Gavin's shirt:


I tried to bribe them with cookies, but then they ended up chewing in the pictures:

It is so hard to get them both looking at me at the same time!

So, I changed tactics and hoped for cute individual shots. Of course, legendary silliness ensued as I clicked away:









I tried once more to get them to sit together on their chairs. Gavin wanted to take a grooming break. Evie got off her chair two seconds later.

Evie took a dancing break:


We can take a minute here to thank Uncle David for teaching the kids to put all kinds of toys on their heads:






And, finally, in the midst of the silliness, I got what I wanted: Evie and Gavin with legendary smiles!


2 comments:

TempusFam said...

Too cute! I love this 'annual' tradition of capturing the Christmas card photo! So fun! Happy HO HO HO to you guys!

T. Tucker said...

The pictures are too cute!!

Merry Christmas