Friday, April 9, 2010

Evie's Charm School

One brisk day last week we were walking down our street. There was a guy with two motorcycles in his driveway and Evie was interested in the noise - she had never seen a motorcycle up close. So we chatted for a bit with the biker guy, who asked Evie if she wanted to sit on the bike. She responded with one of her definite "no's," but she was OK with him revving the engine a bit for her.

He removed the cross he was wearing around his neck, saying, "We wear these to help us stay safe when we ride...God bless you," and put it around Evie's neck.

Evie has a unique effect on people wherever she goes. She charms literally everyone who sees her. I cannot count the people, including perfect strangers, who come up to me and tell me that she is beautiful. It is both heartwarming and humbling to me at the same time. (I am not saying all this to be boastful...like this blog in general, I try to convey the experiences [expected and unexpected] that I encounter while mothering my twins.)

Here is Evie with her sunglasses and new necklace:



Same pose, minus the shades:



The next day, Evie was excited to put her new necklace on:



1 comment:

Nicki said...

That is such a cool story! It also goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover... Some people think of all bikers as being rude and crude, but most have good hearts, as this man definitely did! I hope the cross necklace does keep Evie safe!