Monday, September 12, 2011

Brookfield Zoo

I am a little bit behind on my blog posts! These pictures are from Labor Day, when we went to Brookfield Zoo with Nana & Grandpa Cermak. The morning was busy, so we went in the afternoon - the first time we had ever not gone in the morning. The zoo was more crowded, and as it turned out, Gavin was not too interested in being there.

We played in the Hammill Family Play Zoo for a bit, and then Gavin said he wanted to go home. It was the last weekend for the butterfly exhibit, so we convinced him to stay...but he refused to go into the exhibit at first. I stayed out with him, and at the last minute, he had a change of heart and wanted to go in. I snapped a few cute pics of him and Francis (using the "vivid" color setting on the camera).








After the butterflies, he was totally done and we came home. And, I had to carry him from the butterflies (on the north end of the zoo) to the parking lot on the south end - he weighs 36 pounds now! It's a good thing I work out! Oh, well - one of the benefits of being members is that it doesn't really matter how long you stay each time! It all evens out over the course of the year.

No comments: