Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Art Class

I finally remembered to bring the camera to art class last week. It's not like I have anything else to keep track of, right? Here are Evie and Gavin, sitting in our usual spot in the classroom. I like to sit at the end of the table, in between them, so I never have my back to either one of them. That would just a recipe for a big mess!

I took these right when we got there - that's why everything still looks neat!









The teacher gave us a more complex project this time. We (parents) had to cut out construction paper trees, then glue them onto the big paper, then try to get the kids to use crayon over leaf stencils and then watercolor over the entire thing. Well, after using watercolor last week, Evie and Gavin just wanted to paint water all over their papers. This time I held onto the cup of water despite Gavin's protests, and we had NO spills!

I gave Evie trees that are shaped like hearts. When the teacher walked by, she said, "Oh, hearts again! Evie's our little heart girl!" (I put hearts on her watercolor last week.) So I thought that comment was sweet and also ironic, because I haven't told her about Evie's heart issues. And all of Evie's pediatric cardiac nurses think of their patients as "heart babies," so I do too!



Evie kept trying to peel her heart trees off of her paper after I had glued them on. Luckily, Gavin didn't try that, but he did try to stick the safety scissors into the glue stick and mash the glue around. Anyway, I gave him triangle trees:




This project was called "Enchanted Forest." I can't wait to see what we do next!

No comments: