Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gavin's First Haircut

Last week I took Gavin for his first haircut. Grandma Cordes came over to help, since I didn't know what to expect (but I didn't think it would be easy)! As Gavin napped, unaware of his imminent fate, Evie woke up and read with Grandma:




We went to our long-time stylist, Connie, at the salon where we all get our hair cut. Evie loves coming here, by the way! Here is a "before" picture of Gavin, trying to avoid getting in the big chair with me. It took about 10 minutes to get him in it.




While I cajoled Gavin, Evie sat happily with Grandma. I think she would have been thrilled to get her hair cut!



In the chair finally, but we haven't started cutting yet! Connie hasn't even gotten the cape on me and Gavin is totally unhappy. There was no way he was going to wear one of the child-size capes.



Half-way done and still unhappy:



Evie just looked at Gavin like, "What's the big deal?" and kept playing with her toys:



All done. Time for a big hug! You can see how blotchy Gavin's skin gets when he cries.




Back at home - here's the finished look. Connie just cut the back and sides, since those were the longest. I didn't think Gavin would sit still long enough to have the top trimmed (I was right).



"I don't want to do that again, Mom."



On another note, we mentioned last week that Evie was scheduled for a diagnostic angiogram today. That has been rescheduled to February 1st. We'll write more about it at that time.

3 comments:

Kelly Aiglon said...

wow - what a cool new hairdo!

Anonymous said...

He looks great! I always thought that when my boys got their haircut they suddenly looked so much older! It's crazy!
Love,
Gina G

TempusFam said...

He DOES look great - I'm SO scared to take Frankie - I imagine he will react similarly to Gavin! Way to go Gavin!