Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Morning in the Bluebird Room

Evie's classroom is called the Bluebird Room - all the rooms have animal "mascots" - Gavin's room is the Cat room. I got to volunteer in the Bluebird Room this morning. Evie showed me some of the games (Barnyard Bingo) and toys that she likes best. I got to watch her class do circle time and some of their morning activities.

Then halfway through the morning, all the parents arrived for "Parent Celebration Day." The class finished up their unit called "All About Me," in which they learned about parts of the body. The parents traced outlines of the kids and everyone brought fruit so we could make a salad for a healthy snack.

Here I am cutting oranges:



Evie was a little hesitant about being traced, so she watch another friend first:



Then she was happy to lay down so Francis could trace her:



Here we are with Evie's teacher, Mrs. Richardson. Evie just loves her!




Here is the outline of Evie!



Then she and Francis read a story:




When we were done, I went across the hall to get Gavin from the Cat room. He was interested in some of the new things in the Bluebird room, like the telephones and the tree full of blue birds. Evie's nurse, Joey, got her bundled up.




It was neat to meet some of the kids in Evie's class. It turns out that the mom of one of her little friends went to high school with Francis! I think Evie may have been acting a little more "needy" than usual just because I was there, but we still had a very fun morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww! Isn't it fun to see your kids in action??? :) I especially like how Evie's traced little body still had bows on her pigtails! That's totally her signature style!

Anonymous said...

oops, that was from me, Gina G! :)