Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More Fun at Brookfield Zoo

Last weekend we spent some more time at Brookfield Zoo. We saw several more animals and still have seen only about half the zoo. It was a nice hot day, and as you can see, Gavin is wearing jeans. He didn't want to wear shorts at all. Finally, we resorted to bribing him (yesterday, when it was 95 degrees) to wear shorts. We gave him a toy dragon and then decided that he doesn't hate shorts anymore. (No joke, he told me the other night that "I hate shorts!")


At the zoo, Gavin loved this flower-mister-sprayer thing:




We watched the dolphins underwater first...




...then went upstairs for the dolphin show:









I wanted Gavin to stand by this chart, because he hasn't been measured since last October. He doesn't like to stand still at ALL (no surprise there) so I was not sure how tall he has gotten. He only stood here for a split second, but I think I spotted him at 42 inches, maybe 43.





When he started saying he wanted to go home, I brought up the carousel, which I knew would be a big hit. He went on it four times! He was getting tired by this point. He walked most of the time.




Last stop was the butterfly garden. He was completely disinterested in it last year, but this year he loved it!









1 comment:

Lori said...

Looks like u guys had a fun time! :)