Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Trick-or-treaters are walking up and down our street as I write this post (don't worry about our house getting egged - Nana & Grandpa Cermak are on candy duty). And where is Gavin, you ask? He is sitting inside, reading with Nana and handing out candy. For the second year in a row, he refused to wear his costume.

I thought for sure, this would be the year, since he has made so many friends on our street. But I was wrong. He refused to dress up and trick-or-treat at Francis' office, and he refused to dress up for the Halloween party at his school. (below)



As you can see, I was in my costume, but not even that could motivate Gavin. He is in his soccer uniform because the party was in the late afternoon, after his soccer class.


Over the weekend, we met up with Uncle David at Johansen Farms. Gavin liked all the "spooky stuff" there, and wanted me to take lots of pictures of him. Here is the "Nice" picture:



And here is the "Silly" picture:




Gavin was most interested in pulling the wagon, even when it was loaded down with the 21 pound pumpkin that he picked out (he insisted that he "could do it himself!"):




This one is more his size:





I guess Halloween is nothing if not eventful when you have small children. We never know what Gavin will do (or not do).

No comments: