Monday, December 3, 2007

Evie Update

The twins are 8 weeks old today! Evie saw her cardiologist last Thursday for a check up and a Pulsox reading, and there was good news and slightly bad news. The good news is that she's gaining a lot of weight and is up to 7 lbs. 9 oz. (although she still feels like a little ball of fluff, especially after holding Gavin for a while).

The slightly bad news is that her Pulsox reading (which measures the oxygen saturation level of her blood) was showing 85% from one foot and 75% from her other foot. She was a steady 85% when she left the hospital a little over a month ago (which was good), but the drop to 75% led the doctor to believe that her MAPCAs might be narrowing and sending less blood to her lungs (hit the link for a refresher on Evie's heart defect and what MAPCAs are).

So all the means is that they wanted to move her first surgery up a little bit. She was originally slated to go in early December, but then that was pushed off until early January because her weight gain and numbers were so good. But now that her numbers are dropping a big it's looking like mid-December. We don't have a definite date yet, but I'm hoping for around December 13 or 17th. She'll need a 5 day hospital stay post-op, so that would allow Evie to recover at home with Sharon and her mother for about two weeks (as Sharon's maternity leave is over on January 2).

Evie is still feisty as ever. She's sleeping pretty well at night, but neither she nor Gavin nap well during the day. I posted last week that we were having trouble with that and I'll get into all that in my next post. It seems like I'm able to get at least 2 posts a week up, but I'd like to shoot for 3 or more. It just really depends on how the evenings are. Sometimes I get home and they both go down for bed right away, and other nights it's a lot of pacing and screaming. I'll try to post a picture of some sort at least every other day or so.

Thank you again to everyone for the kind cards, letters and emails... and of course, for the prayers! It's amazing the number of people reading the blog here. I've had people come up to me in the courthouse cafe and tell me they read the blog and wish my family well (and I have no idea who they are!). But of course, I'm grateful nonetheless and am glad they're visiting.

Here's a short video and some recent photos of the 'Lil Peanut (as my Dad has nickhamed her):









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. Keep it coming. You have definitely been blessed with two Christmas angels!!