Monday, June 28, 2010

Goodbye Saturn, Hello Minivan

For those of you who have not yet heard, my 1996 Saturn died 10 days ago. I have had that car for 129K miles and 14 years, since before Francis and I were married. We knew that this summer we'd trade it in - but it decided to conk out first.

I used to say I would never drive a minivan...that was before having twins. Francis and I had done some preliminary research and narrowed it down to two models. The day after the Saturn died, Grandpa and Grandma Cordes came over to watch the kids so we could go out for test drives. The decision was remarkably easy - a red 2011 Toyota Sienna!

We went to say goodbye to the Saturn. It was on the back lot of the Saturn dealer since it was not driveable.





Then we were off to the Toyota dealer. Here is our salesman, Mike, giving Gavin a fist bump. Francis was a little late with the shot but it's still cute.


Waiting to get the financing going:



Gavin and I find it very easy to spend Daddy's money!


It's a done deal! (The rest of us aren't in this shot because the kids had HAD it by that point and I took them home.)



I am already totally used to driving it. I am surprised at how much I enjoy it! It's nice to be sitting up higher than other cars, it's great to put the kids in their carseats in a car that is higher up (no more making sure I don't wrench my back bending down while holding them, or bump their heads against the frame trying to get them in) and I love the power doors. Here's to (I hope) 14 years with this car!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, alot of people feel that way about minivans, but I'm with you, it was so much nicer on my back to get the kids in and out! Right now my life is all about function! :) RIP Green Rose!

daharrin said...

RED RSE!!