Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Getting Evie Moving

Last weekend, to my great delight, Evie got into the "downward dog" yoga pose. You can see Gavin doing it too, in the background. They used to do this all the time when they were younger but haven't done it a long time.



I try to get Evie to stretch every morning with me...she doesn't always do it, but that day she did!



Evie was in the mood to move around, because she (and Gavin) imitated me pretending to be a cat. They were crawling and stretching:



I decided to take advantage of her open-mindedness and ran through the leg postitions we learned in gymnastics over the summer. Here is "big legs":



Pike position:




Butterfly:




Whew! Time for a cheese break:




Evie has been getting more social in school. She patted every kids' head in "Duck Duck Goose," and even held hands with one of the boys. Gavin is talking so much that the speech therapist told me she needs to set new goals for him. School has been a great thing for our family!




No comments: