Tuesday, April 26, 2011

In the Arms of the Angels



Evelyn Rose "Evie" Cermak
2007-2011
Our little "teapot"


On Easter Sunday, God called our little Evie home. She had a wonderful Easter weekend with her twin brother Gavin, grandparents and family: coloring eggs, going to the park, and eating a lot of ham at Easter dinner. On the ride home from dinner, she had a seizure (her first).

We took her to the emergency room where they tried to stabilize her in order to transport her to the children's hospital where she has had all of her past procedures. Evie did recover for about 15 minutes, but then she “crashed” again and was given chest compressions for nearly 40 minutes to keep her alive, but sadly, her little heart was not able to start pumping again on its own. Evie passed away cuddled in our arms that evening.

It all happened very suddenly. Even though Evie had complex heart and lung problems, we did not expect her time with us to be so short.

We have many wonderful photos of Evie’s last Easter that we will post sometime after the services, and we hope you will continue visiting our family blog and watch Evie's twin brother Gavin grow up. We want to thank all of you for you kind offers of support and prayers for Evie and our family during this difficult time. We love you all.

Love, Sharon, Francis and Gavin

******************************

We hope you will join us at Evie’s visitation, and as we lay her to rest. We encourage you to bring your children to celebrate Evie’s life and help them to understand her death.

Visitation is Thursday, April 28, 3:00-9:00 P.M. at Friedrich-Jones Funeral Home, 44 S. Mill St, Naperville.

Services will begin Friday, April 29, 9:45 A.M. from the funeral home and will proceed to a 10:30 A.M. Mass of Christian Burial at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 1500 Brookdale Rd., Naperville

Interment will will then take place graveside at Naperville Cemetary. A tent will be provided in the event of incliment weather; it has been raining all week so appropriate shoes are recommended.

A lunch reception will immediately follow interment back at St. Thomas the Apostle Church.

In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to: Hearts for Hope, Advocate Hope Children’s Hospital, 4440 W. 95th St., Oak Lawn, IL 60453, (708) 684-5231 or online at Hearts for Hope and designate your gift for Hearts for Hope.

For more info about the services call (630) 355-0213 or visit
http://www.friedrich-jones.com/

18 comments:

Kelly Aiglon said...

Sharon & Francis & Gavin~

Evie is going to live on in our hearts forever. She was a blessing to your family in so many ways. We know you'll cherish her memory and she is in safe hands. Please let us know if there is anything you need.

I am so sad that I have to miss the service because I'll be out of state. I will send a special prayer in my absence.

Sending you love,
Kelly (and Julien)

Laura said...

Sharon & family,

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Evie. My heart breaks for all of you. May God comfort you now and in the future. I pray that you will find solace in His infinite mercy and grace and that He will give you strength for now and the future.

Laura Petry

Betsy said...

I just wanted to let you know that shortly after I found out last night that Evie had passed I was sitting in tears in the Starbucks I was studying in and "In the Arms of the Angels" by Sarah McLaughling started playing over their sound system. It seemed very fitting. Praying for you all, she was such a sweet blessing.

Betsy Cordes

Anonymous said...

Francis, Sharon, & Gavin,
There are no words to express the sorrow of Evie's passing. May the Lord Bless you and help you find peace in the beautiful memories Evie has left behind.
Olga

Anonymous said...

Sharon and Francis,
Thank you for sharing Evie with us through the blog these 3 + years. Your joys and sorrows of her time on earth have been an inspiration to follow.
Surely God will continue to comfort and strengthen you as only He can.
Life is not ended, only changed for you, sweet Evie. You are loved by many.
Judy Eipers

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie Wheaton said...

Words aren't adequate to convey the sorrow that we all share with you. I hope you will be comforted by the memories of the good times you had with your sweet girl.

Bonnie Wheaton

eladilla said...

Beautiful picture of Evie. I hope Gavin is doing as well as he can be right now. I loved reading all about the twins, thank you for sharing and hope you continue to share Gavin with us. My love and prayers to you and your entire family.
Allison

Katie said...

Fran, Sharon, and Gavin,

I was so sorry to hear about the passing of your little girl, Evie. I know she brought such joy to your lives and will never be forgotten. I will keep you and your families in my prayers and wish you strength and comfort in the coming days.

Katie (McGleam) Philpott

Gina DiMaggio said...

My heart breaks for your family. I want you to know how special both Evie and Gavin are to me. If there is anything I can do to help you please let me know. My prayers are with all of you right now.

Deb said...

I know that you don't know me, but you've been so generous to share the stories of your beautiful children. I cried reading of Evie's passing...my heart breaks for you. I pray that God brings comfort and peace to the family, and that your new angel in Heaven continues to watch over you.

~Deb D.~

Anonymous said...

Sharon, Francis & Gavin - you are in our prayers. Evie is in our prayers. You have been through so much the last 3 years, I know the next few days are going to be tough - but we're praying for you. Lots of hugs,
Karen (& Mike & kids) Kosky

Eny Yusof said...

Dear Sharon, Francis and Gavin,

I have been a silent reader of this blog for years and it has never occured to me that Evie will leave us this soon despite her conditions. I enjoyed reading about her and Gavin and deep in my heart I sincerely hope that she'll overcome all her health conditions and grow up as healthily.

Although she is no longer with us but she's up there watching on us. I pray that you'll be given the strength to go thru this difficult time. I pray that Gavin can cope with this sudden lost too.

From your Malaysian reader,
Eny Yusof

Beth Mullen-Houser said...

Sharon, Fran and Gavin, I am so very sorry for the loss of Evie, your beautiful daughter and sister. My prayers are with you and all of your family.
With love,
Beth Mullen-Houser

Anonymous said...

So sad to hear the news. Uncle David was always keeping me up to date on Evie's ongoing challenges and I often cried to think of someone so little, having to deal with so much. Once I saw Evie's picture, I couldn't help but love her. I prayed that she would get well. I can only hope that she is resting peacefully now, and feeling no more pain. I have so much admiration for the strength of the parents, brother Gavin, grandparents, "uncles", and everyone involved in bringing so much love to this little angel throughout her little life. You have my deepest sympathy, and will remain in my prayers during this very difficult time.

Michelle Krz said...

Sharon and Francis and Gavin,
You continue to be in my prayers. We are so heartbroken over your loss. We explained the loss to Lucy, and she was devastated. After a long discussion about Heaven, she told me that she wants to go up to Heaven someday to play with Evie again and she said that she misses her. We are all thinking of your family, and I will be attending tomorrow to celebrate Evie's life.

Jane said...

Sadly I only learned of Evie after her death through an old high school friend (Megan G-H). I have a daughter with absent pulmonary valve and arteries, she is four. I am so sorry for your loss. Although we don't know each other, Evie's death has affected me deeply. I am praying for peace for your family and the strength to carry on without her.

Jane Deitrich (Ramona's mom)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that your family has been in my thoughts and prayers. May you continue to find peace through God that she is with Him and is safe and looking upon you.
-Matt King