Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Outside Fun

On Wednesdays at Sonny Acres, they have a deal where you don't pay for individual tickets for the rides, you just pay a flat fee and ride as much as you want from 2-6 pm. So on the last nice Wednesday (I guess it was two weeks ago), I took Gavin there. He was fearless on the roller coaster - I didn't even need to ride it with him!




That same week, while the weather was still nice, Gavin tried his new bike. I seemed to have better luck getting him to try it than Francis. (My back did not thank me for it!) We aren't using training wheels, so he was a bit wobbly getting started. Once he got going though, he was very steady. I even let go a few times, just for two seconds at a time, and I stayed right next to him. He knows how to pedal and how to stay balanced, so he just has to get the knack of this new bigger, heavier bike.



He got going so fast while he was pedaling that I had to run to keep up with him. Then he asked me why he was going so fast. I told him it's because he already knows how to pedal! We'll see if we can get in any more practice this fall.

No comments: