Saturday, March 1, 2008

Evie Post-Op Update #5

It's Sharon...my last few visits with Evie went like this: I got there and she was crying - I fed her, swaddled her, and got her to fall asleep. There have not been many changes since the last blog post.

She is still really over-tired, and finally one of the doctors agrees with me that this is the source of her fussiness. They have suggested that she is lactose intolerant, or has acid reflux, they have tested her pancreas ( I am not even sure what for) and they have done an ultrasound of her belly to look for abnormalities. Of course, they didn't find anything.

They were all set to send her home but then she developed a fever yesterday morning. They did a blood culture and it turns out she has an infection from one of her IV lines. She had to get an intra muscular antibiotic shot called Rocephan, and it is really painful. Gavin had it when he was in the ER last week with his UTI. So now I an waiting to see when they can send her home, and what antibiotic she will be on.




"When is my sister coming home? I miss her!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope she gets to come home soon... she seems like such a little trooper. Gavin is getting so big... he loves that duck huh?!