Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bath Time!

When the twins outgrew their Bumbo seats, I was stumped on what to do at bath time. (I am not ready to put them both in the big tub at the same time!) I tried putting one in the pack-n-play or in their crib while I bathed the other, but whichever one wasn't with me hated it and screamed the whole time. Then I tried to time the baths when other people were here to watch whichever twin wasn't with me, but that didn't always work out either.

Then I hit upon the idea to put one twin in our single umbrella stroller in the bathroom with me while I bathed the other one. That way they were strapped into something and could also see me. They balked at the stroller at first (because it wasn't moving) but now they are fine with it.

The key with Evie is to keep her in just her diaper in the stroller. Here she is giggling while Gavin gets his bath:

Gavin fiddles with the leg rest while he waits his turn:





1 comment:

Looney73 said...

Funny the ways and means we as parents come up with to care for our kids. Lisa and went from bathing Gracie in the sink to baths in the bathtub. It took a little while for Grace to get use to me giving her a bath, but for the past 2 years she has LOVED bath time and usually when it is done I have also taken a bath!