Friday, May 14, 2010

Gavin Is Sick

Gavin got a runny nose on Sunday (Mother's Day). Then he developed a cough on Monday afternoon, and by Tuesday morning he was lethargic. By Tuesday afternoon he had a fever and he did not eat any solid food all day. He just wanted to be held ALL day...not that I minded, but he didn't even want me to put him down to set up Evie's nebulizer. Luckily, Grandma Cordes was here on Wednesday to help out!

Wednesday morning he still had a fever so we went to the doctor. It turns out he has a "touch of bronchitis" and an infection in his right ear. (This is the very first ear infection for either of the twins!) The doctor said the infection spread from the nose and throat to the ear.







Gavin has an antiboitic that must taste awful, because he barfed up his entire first dose all over both of us Wednesday afternoon. He still hadn't eaten any solids. He was so weak and tired that he fell asleep on the couch with Clifford:



Gavin must have superstar tastebuds, because he could tell when I tried to hide the antibiotic in his orange juice yesterday (Thursday). Then I put it in his milk but he didn't finish it, so I didn't even know how much of it he got. He was playing with cars all day yesterday, but he still had a high fever when he woke up from his nap (103.7). I called the pediatrician and requested a different antibiotic, one that I know he will drink with no problems. Good old pink, refrigerated Amoxicillin!

It is so unusual for Gavin to not be full of energy. We need our little "Cyclone Cermak" to get better soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor guy! Yet, somehow when they're sick like that, they're even more endearing! :) hope he's feeling better now! Figures it happened on Mother's Day! Reminds me of how me and my 3 other siblings came down with chicken pox on Mother's Day one year....made for some GREAT pics! lol!
Love,
Gina G.