Thursday, October 25, 2007

Evie's Flutterbye Dreams

Sharon and I visited Evie in the hospital today and the first thing we noticed was that the staff had attached a giant mobile on her bed. This is the greatest mobile I've ever seen. It's more like a Disney World animatronics display than a mobile. There are birds that spin in a circle, rotate, flap their wings and move their heads as they circle around a night like shaped like the sun. One of the birds has some butterflies attached to its feet. It plays chirping noises and lullabies (and Canon in D!).



Evie was riveted by it. We saw several other mobiles like this attached to cribs and our day nurse said most of the kids loved this mobile. I took a short, 15 second video of it. I searched eBay after we got home and found out it is the
Fisher-Price Flutterby Dreams Lullabye Birdies Mobile (what a mouthful), last sold in 2004. I bought one off of eBay immediately... well, okay, I told my Mom about the mobile and she bought it immediately, but still, I was the enabler.

Evie was in a good mood and as cute as ever. She took 2 ounces of formula mixed with breast milk (to make it higher in calories) and her color looked great; heart rate and oxygen levels were good too. We were able to speak with the resident cardiologist making rounds that day and he told us that the surgeon, Dr. Ilbawi, and the other cardiologists were meeting that afternoon/evening to discuss Evie's case, evaluate the angiogram and decide on a surgical plan. We should have an answer tomorrow (Thursday)!!











3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been checking the post daily. It is so great to see updates, and I'm so happy Evie is doing well!!! I know Gavin can't wait to have her home with him.

Anonymous said...

I like how her foot glows red. Reminds me of E.T.

Cynthia said...

HI Sharon and Fran,

She sounds like she is doing well. So glad she can get some breastmilk. Call me if you have questions about pumping etc. I am a lactation consultant although not practicing now. But lots of experience.

We are praying for Evie.
Is that my Teresa?

Cynthia Church
Mother of Lori and cousing of Vic, Sharon's dad