Monday, October 29, 2007

Gaming with Gavin

As Evie was having a host of visitors at the hospital this weekend, we hung out with Gavin at home, watching lots of football, playing video games, and of course, drinking lots of Jamba Juice! Uncle David stopped by to hang out for a bit. And yes, Gavin is wearing his sister's pink potato sacks because he pee'd on all of his. We gotta get some more of those things (we have 8 already!).


Gavin said, "I was only this big when I born... 21 days ago."



After all that lively conversation with Uncle David, Gavin was all tuckered out.



On Sunday, Uncle Mark stopped by for a few hours to watch Gavin for a bit, watch some football and dish some fatherly advice (and play video games). Sharon and I were able to take a short walk in the beautiful October afternoon air. Sharon is recovering very well (and very quickly) from her c-section. She's not driving yet, but she can take several sets of stairs a day, and our walk today was one of her longest yet.

Here, Mark is either (a) casting a spell on Gavin; (b) faith healing; or (c) framing a scene like a wannabe movie director.



We played several games on my Nintendo Wii video game console. Uncle Mark was pretty good at bowling (boasting superior skills compared to his wife), so-so at baseball, good at tennis, knocked me out in boxing, and got progressively better at golf. After every hole of golf, Uncle Mark kept saying that he "really needed to get going" in order to catch a movie with an old high school friend of ours, but then he almost hit a birdie and played another hole... and then he put in Excite Truck and raced a few laps. He eventually left for the Halloween movie.




Here I am demonstrating my mad dual wielding skills: baby and game controller. I'm sure Gavin will get into games more once he can see further than 14 inches away from his face. Until then, I think the music just puts him to sleep (which is fine by me!).


No comments: