Monday, October 22, 2007

Visiting Evie

Evie's angiogram was on Friday, and I was able to visit her on Saturday with my parents.

This is her new room at Hope Children's Hospital. It's very nice having her own private room.




She was still getting oxygen for most of the afternoon via a small tube down her throat (connected to the big blue tube on the plastic wheel pictured, but it was able to come out in the evening. Her poor little voice was hoarse from the tube. That "surgical tape moustache" (as the nurses called it) was able to come off too.




Evie's nurse for the day was Mandy, who was exceptionally nice to Evie. Apparently the nursing staff call her "pumpkin" because she's so tiny. You can see the mark where the doctors inserted the cardiac catheter into her right thigh during her angiogram. The doctors left it as an IV plug so that she wouldn't pull at the one on her arm anymore.




My dad and I with little Evie.




My mom with Evie after the oxygen tube had come out.




Evie in deep thought: "I think, therefore I am baby."




On Sunday, Godfathers David and Brad were able to visit Evie, along with Sharon's mother, her sister Diana and her husband Kevin. I only have some photos of David and Brad's visit though.

Here's Godfather David (and Sharon's brother) with Evie, who was able to drink a few ounces of formula from a bottle, and her weight went up a little bit!



Godfather Brad with a playful Evie. It's so nice to see her awake and interacting.



Evie does the same "winking" thing as her brother Gavin. I don't know if that's a baby thing or if it's just something the two of them share.

No comments: