Friday, May 9, 2008

Evie is Sitting Up!

This week Evie was able to sit up all by herself, when I placed her in a sitting position on the floor. We always knew she has a strong core - she gives herself an abdominal workout every night when she tries to escape from her swaddle blanket (thanks to the Velcro tabs, she can't)!

I have the Boppy pillow around her for the times when I am not sitting right next to her. She still wobbles a bit, especially if she turns and reaches for something...she tends to fall in that direction!








Gavin is propped up here with a pillow behind him. He is not as ready as Evie to sit up - he would rather stand (with me holding him)!


"Hmm, for my next trick, I will stand up. Get ready, Mom!"


Evie shows Grandma Cordes how well she can sit.


"All that sitting up is hard work! I'm hungry - can I have some squash, please?"


"See - I'm ready to eat!"



"Check out the videos below of me sitting up and talking to my flowers!"








1 comment:

Kelly Aiglon said...

oooh, the chime garden flower toy! that's a good one.
luv, pierre and felix