Monday, May 26, 2008

Evie's Next Surgery

We have been given a surgery date for Evie: June 2. This will be another unifocalization surgery - just like the one she had in February, except this time her surgeon will fix the blood vessels that connect to her left lung.

We have mixed feelings about seeing her go through surgery again - we know it is necessary and she did show a huge improvement after the first one. It is just so hard to watch her as she first recovers, feeling weak and fighting to get better. Please pray that she gets to come home after one week this time instead of two, and that she pulls through the procedure like a champ!

She has had a lot of energy lately...here she is kicking her legs just about as hard as we've ever seen her do it!




"Daddy, I think you should go with the yellow striped tie instead of these dots."


"Hello to all my fans out there in blog-land!"


"So many toys...but I want to play with my dolly."


"Hey Evie - Mom's holding that shiny silver box again. You're supposed to look at it."

"I know Gavin, but I'd rather look at my mobile right now!"

Here she is, quite interested in Daddy's hair and ear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt she will be a champ! She has already proven what a determined female she is!!!! :-) Misty