Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Visit with the Florys

The other weekend, Mark & Robin Flory and their kids Annie & Sam stopped by for a visit and some pizza. Mark & Robin are Gavin's godparents and have been dear friends of ours for years. We are godparents to Annie.

Robin told me a few months ago that Evie & Gavin would switch personalities - I just didn't think it would happen this soon! Evie used to be the very fussy one, never calm, never in that "quiet alert" state. Gavin was always really mellow, just watching everything around him.

Now, he cries whenever I put him down - he wants me to carry him ALL the time. Half the time I carry him & he just squrims to get down, then when I put him down he wants to be picked up again. (This is not really an option for a twin!) And Evie is perfectly happy to sit on her blanket with her chime garden toy and watch the world go by. She can hang out on her playmat for an hour if I need her to.

Robin told me that they will keep switching back and forth as they grow up. I will try to be prepared!



Aunt Robin & Evie


Annie, Aunt Robin, & Evie read a story


Uncle Mark & Gavin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark....your head and Gavin's head are similar in more ways than I originally thought.
crj

Anonymous said...

What this blog doesn't state is that the posted picture with Gavin and I was really the first and only time he looked at me and did not burst out crying! He just wasn't feelin' me that day :).
Uncle Mark