Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Giggles and Sleep Deprivation

Let me just say that this time change is killing me! The kids wake up at 5 am-ish, because their little internal clocks say it's 6 am. (Gavin was up at 4:40 yesterday morning, and that means so was I.) Then they are extra tired at 5 pm.
Everything in their day gets pushed earlier, even though I try to slowly get them back on schedule. It's not their fault - they didn't know that all of us goofy adults changed the clocks... so I am hoping that in a week we'll be back on track. This morning, by 8:20, they had eaten their first and second breakfast and were wide awake, so I took them on a 3 mile walk - I just didn't know what to do with them.

Here is Evie falling asleep in her high chair during their mid-morning meal (and she always fights sleep, so you know she was really tired):



On Sunday Auntie Di came over, and the kids were in a very giggly mood. She fed Evie and I fed Gavin their mid-afternoon meal, and the twins were cracking up at her the entire time. Then we moved to the floor to play - I don't if it was the time change or if it was her, but she was able to take these great videos of them:


This was extra funny because Evie usually doesn't act rough with Gavin. Maybe she is imitating his behavior! (It's also funny becuase they keep sitting on the button to make Elmo talk!)

Here is more typical back and forth. Evie loves to hand things to Gavin:






This was a bright spot in a long day!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Ahhhh I soo understand the sleep deprivation and time change issues! I am struggling with that too!

Sooo I am so addicted to your blog that I decided to start one of my own! Drop my site some time!

http://positvelyprice.blogspot.com/

:-) Misty