Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Stroller Class and Sleep Deprivation

Yesterday was Day 3 of the time change. Gavin woke up again at 4:40 am, and Evie at 5:30 am, even though we tried to keep them up a little later the night before. I had no idea what to expect from the day, as once again they had eaten their first and second breakfast by 8:20 am.

So I packed the kids into the car and headed off to Stroller & Sculpt class. I was worried that we would have to leave early if the twins were really fussy, but to my surprise, they were content for most of our class! Evie giggled a lot and even held hands with one of the twins' stroller buddies (this other little girl, Aisling, always reaches for Evie's hand but Evie had never reciprocated. Gavin would hold Aisling's hand instead). I fed them when we got home and then put them down for naps, and this was the closest to our schedule that we have been in 3 days! Let's hope we are getting back to our schedule soon!

On top of the time change, what I haven't mentioned yet is that last week Evie started wailing every time I walked out of her line of sight, even if I just went into the next room. Full scale crying with tears, snots, and great shuddering sighs! Also, Gavin has had trouble with his nap, falling asleep in my arms but waking up when I lay him in his crib. Since these both started before the time change, I am attributing them to the chicken pox (varicella) shot the kids received on Oct. 9 - side effects, including disturbed sleep, can occur up to 42 days later!

Here is Francis, putting together a new vacuum. Of course, the twins had to get involved too:


"Here's the next part you'll need, Dad."



"Oooh, this part matches my outfit!"


"Evie, pass this over to Dad. He'll need it soon."



"Ok, Dad, we're done! Put that instruction book down and show us how to turn this on!"


1 comment:

Looney73 said...

I HATE sleep deprivation, but everytime I go through some tough times, like sleep deprivation, with Gracie I am reminded that this is exactly what my parents went through with me! Fortunately, this sleep thing will soon pass.