Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Love Technology... by Gavin

Hi everyone, it's me, Gavin. Sometimes Mommy and Daddy need a little help with the electronic equipment in our house, so I have to help them out. One of my favorite things to help with is cell phones. Over the winter, I pressed the keys that unlocked Mommy's phone and then I pressed a few numbers and hit "send." Then I hung up!

A minute later, the phone rang and Mommy talked to someone that she called "police," and then she asked me why I had dialed something called "911." I was just testing her phone, I told her!



I also had to help Auntie Di with her cell phone. She didn't know how to put it on "speaker," so I pressed all the right buttons to show her. Now she knows! And, I love to call my grandparents on Daddy's cell phone. They like it when I call, even though I don't say much... yet!

I love playing with the car keys, too. There are neat buttons that have words and letters, and when I press them, the car horn beeps! One day I was really working on those car keys for awhile, and then I got bored and played with another toy. Then all of a sudden Mommy asked Daddy why the car was running inside the garage. I don't know what that means, but they kept talking about something called a "remote start" and that they didn't know the car could do it... until I figured it out!

My new favorite gadgets are the iPods. I love to pick out the songs for our little red radio:



One day I got tired off all the kid songs, so I turned off the option for "music," and Daddy just couldn't understand why an iPod had an option to turn off music in the first place!



I thought I could make a call on Mommy's iPod, but it doesn't work that way. I guess I am spoiled by Uncle David's iPhone!






"See Daddy, this is an 'iPod' and you press this click-wheel-thingy here to make it play."



I also had to show Daddy how to make the answering machine play messages while we were using the handset in the living room. He didn't know that you could play the messages remotely!

So pretty soon I will be installing new programs on our computer, and also upgrading the hard drive to have more memory for fun games for me and Evie. Until then, I will just have to keep helping my parents with technology, becuase they really seem to need it!

1 comment:

T. Tucker said...

This one was hilarious... he is too funny. I am also glad that Evie is getting her strength back! She will be running with Gavin soon.. and I can't wait for those pics!