Thursday, July 29, 2010

Evie Update - Day 10

Evie is officially off of all her IV medications! The ones she had been getting have been converted to oral doses. So now it is "wait and see," to make sure she is doing well on the converted doses. I have been told that converting meds from IV to oral is not an exact science, because IV meds are more potent and are effective in smaller quantities. This morning I was told, "we need to watch her for a day or two." Having her home is so close, it's killing me!

Evie's new favorite food is Cheetos, which is my fault. I just love Cheetos and I shared some with her yesterday, and that was all it took. I know Gavin likes them too, even though I have not given Cheetos to him on a regular basis. Maybe Cheetos will be my motivator for officially potty training Gavin. I think he's ready, because he recently started pointing to the front of his diaper and saying "pee," and he already points to his rear and says, "poop." (I know, if you don't have kids you probably didn't want to know that, but it is a really important step!)

Here is Evie holding up a Cheeto:




Uncle David has a co-worker, Francisca, who sent these two hair clips along with him yesterday. I clipped them on top of Evie's pigtails and she loved them! She is making a silly face, but she knows she looks cute:


Everybody who came into her room commented on how cute she looked with her hair clips. She was in a great mood today and ate like a champ! She ate three sausage links for Francis at breakfast (plus her Pediasure), and a chicken nugget and Cheetos for me at lunch. Then I gave her a bath, washed her hair, (and changed her sheets myself - in every hospital stay, I learn something that will help me when I become a nurse).



I can't wait to see what the doctors say when I arrive tomorrow morning. I am going to be really optimistic and bring an outfit for her to come home in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Evie looks great! So sweet with her hair clips. Cheetos are my favorite too!!!!

The Godfathers said...

Evie come home!!! Your Godfathers can't wait for you to be back with your brother, all your toys, and books!! We will see you no matter where you are this weekend. We love you very much!