Sunday, July 25, 2010

Evie Update - Day 6

Today was a lot like yesterday. Evie slept well again last night. There were no changes to her medications, but the nephrologist wanted her to have a Foley catheter again. Evie does not like having it put in (who would?). This time it was a little more difficult than it was last Thursday, and when the nurse was done, Evie and I both were exhausted and we both took a nap.

After we woke up, it was time to give Evie her bath. I did most of it myself - I just needed the nurse's help when it was time to rinse her hair. Here she is waiting for the rinse:



Above, you can see that her legs are still swollen, but not nearly as shiny as they were last week. Below, she is trying to "not look at me" (a game she plays).




All clean - fresh pigtails, gown, and sheets. I fed her sweet potatoes and she munched on cheddar goldfish:




When I got back home, Gavin and I played with pots and pans. Gavin was planning to cook something for Evie that is high in protein and low in sodium. What a sweet brother!



Gavin still has a slight cough, but I would say he is almost back to normal. We tell him that Evie is in the hospital because she didn't feel good, and she wants to come home and play with him. I don't know how much he understands, but he knows she is not here and he misses her. It is really hard to have them separated - it just isn't normal - they've been together every day of their little lives!

Gavin has been really good for all of his babysitters: Nana & Grandpa Cermak, Grandpa and Grandma Cordes, and our dear friend Laura. We are grateful from the bottom of our hearts to have helpers to take care of Gavin while we are running back and forth from seeing Evie!

No comments: