Monday, June 9, 2008

An Update on Me... by Gavin

Hi everyone, it's me, Gavin! The blog has mostly been about Evie lately, so I had to get on the computer and make a post about me. I have been doing a lot since Evie was in the hospital! I sure am glad to have her home, though. We share jokes that Mommy & Daddy don't get.

High five on the surgery, Evie! You surprised everyone (except me).



I can sit in Daddy's big computer chair:



My first steps toward mobility...I'll be working on my technique so I get faster!



Whew! Crawling was so much work that Evie gave me a backrub afterward. "A little higher, Evie!"



"Ahhhhh, that's the spot!"



I just love grabbing Daddy's big head and drooling on it! Daddy looks thrilled, doesn't he!?





I just love to chew on Mommy's hair, too! Here I am after a bath in the upstairs bathroom. I get baths in here now because I splashed water all over the kitchen when I got baths in the sink. I taught Evie the joys of splashing, and now Mommy has to start bathing her up here too!



After months of me plotting to grab the cookies from the kitchen counter, Mommy gave me something called a "Nilla Wafer." It was pretty good! I made sure I got it really sticky all over my hands, then mashed it on my arms and face, and then wiped my hands on her shirt. Isn't that how everyone eats them?



I can play with blocks, and say something that Daddy calls "syllables." I haven't decided whether to say Ma-Ma or Da-Da first.



I had a lot to say the other day, but I didn't want to say it to the camera. Looks like Mommy figured out how to record me anyway:

I also learned how to get into a sitting position from lying on my tummy! Yesterday when Mommy got me up from my nap, I was sitting up in my crib. So Daddy lowered my mattress...now I can't reach up far enough to kick my mobiles to turn them on & off. I really liked kicking them! Well, I'll be able to do that again when I learn to stand up by myself. Hmm...I think I'll go work on that now!

No comments: