Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 16: A Smile!

Today Uncle David and I went to see Evie. She was connected to two fewer things: her catheter and one of her IV lines. Each day now, she will be hooked up to less lines. The nurses placed this toy bar in her crib, to play with and also to help with her coordination - she is still shaky from her painkiller withdrawl.

"Gee, it's good to see you, Uncle David!"


We got a smile out of her!!!!


Evie looks at her photo books of Gavin. The nurses told us she was kissing the books during morning rounds:


I got to hold her again today:


The photo below is from about one year ago. (Today is the anniversary of her first surgery.) Look at how she has grown!


Evie was acting silly, putting her photo book on her head. She also pulled out one of her hair bows:


She held tight to her photos of Gavin and was not interesed in any other toys. Auntie Di and Uncle Kevin visited later in the day and they said she was still holding onto those photos!


"I miss my brother!"


Evie and her uncle:


"I want my photos back, Uncle David!"


Here is a video of her looking at her photos:

2 comments:

T. Tucker said...

It is good to hear how well she is doing. I can't imagine what Gavin thinks about her not being there. It is sweet how they both look at each others pictures like that. I will keep praying for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Im glad to see she has even more energy since Friday night! I put that toy in her crib Saturday morning when she woke up...and it entertained her! Hope she's still doing well. See you tonight and hopefully I'm her nurse!

Kelly