Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 27: Sleep and Play

Evie was awake and ready to play when I arrived at the hospital this morning. Today, for the first time since she's been in the hospital, she wanted pull up my shirt and touch my tummy. (This became a big thing at home when the twins learned about their tummies - they had to see Mommy's tummy, too!) Of course, Evie yanked up my shirt right when Dr. Ilbawi was in the room...oh, well!

In the photo below she's got my cell phone and is reaching for the camera:


She was not very intertested in taking any food by mouth, so she got fed through her NG tube. She also had another upper GI test, because this morning's X-ray showed some air in her belly and the doctors want to make sure she has no obstructions in her intestines. They are still tracking the dye they gave her - they want to see it go all the way through her digestive system. They will take periodic X-rays throughout the evening.

Here she is in her red wagon, ready to head over to radiology for her test:


At one point she had a huge poop and her nurse (Patty, who is awesome) had to change Evie's sheets. I held her and she squirmed and tried to get comfortable, because she was so tired at that point:


Here is how she fell asleep on my lap:


I needed a little nap, too, so I transferred her back to her crib and leaned my head on her crib side railing:


We dozed until the general surgeon came in to talk to me. Our meeting with him and several others is tomorrow at 2 pm. Francis and I have a big list of questions. We'll let everyone know how it turns out!

2 comments:

JuliaS said...

Evie is such a beautiful, sweet girl. Her playfulness and interaction are good signs of recovery.

Good wishes for your meeting tomorrow.

Julia & Matt Schuck

Unknown said...

Hope everything goes well with her doctors meeting today. We are praying for you guys, and hope she gets to come home and heal!